The Lippincott New Nurse Survival Kit Giveaway - Official Contest Rules
Official Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Canada and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families of Wolters Kluwer and any of Wolters Kluwer’s affiliated companies are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full name, email address, and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Wolters Kluwer, which are final and binding. Participants must enter their name & email address at know.lww.com/lippincott-new-nurse-survival-kit.html to be eligible to win the Lippincott New Nurse Survival kit. Credentials are not required to prove entrants are ‘new nurses.’ Five winners will be chosen in January of 2018. Winners will receive a FREE collection of books and journals, selected by Wolters Kluwer staff, with a retail value of less than $1,000. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
3. SPONSOR: Wolters Kluwer is the sole sponsor of this promotion.
4. CONTEST TERM: Entries for the Lippincott New Nurse Survival Kit raffle will be accepted beginning at 3 PM Eastern Time ("EST") on Monday, October 2, 2017 and will continue until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, December 29, 2017 (the “Contest Term”). Entries received prior to or after the Contest Term will be disqualified.
5. ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Each entrant must submit an entry by visiting know.lww.com/lippincott-new-nurse-survival-kit.html and submitting information on entry form located on know.lww.com/lippincott-new-nurse-survival-kit.html. You will be required to provide your first and last name and email address when entering. THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Entries will not be acknowledged. Wolters Kluwer does not assume any responsibility for any lost entries or any computer, internet, or technical malfunctions that might occur during the entry process. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply.
6. ENTRY LIMITATIONS: Limit one entry per person per account used to submit an entry. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only entrant's first entry will count. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same account. Additionally, anyone found to use multiple accounts to fraudulently enter in excess of entry limits will be ineligible. Entries using automated means to generate entries or otherwise participate are not eligible. Use of any automated system to enter as determined by Sponsor in its sole judgment is prohibited and will result in disqualification at Sponsor's sole discretion. ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES FOR THE APPLICABLE SWEEPSTAKES TERM. Entries by any method other than set forth in Section Five (5) are void. Wolters Kluwer is not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are ineligible under this Rules. Wolters Kluwer will automatically disqualify: (1) any incomplete or illegible entry; and (2) any entries received that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
7. PRIZE: Five (5) prize winners will be chosen in January of 2018. Winners will receive a FREE collection of books and journals, selected by Wolters Kluwer staff, with a retail value of less than $1,000. The ARV of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded. Limit one (1) potential prize per entrant. Each Prize is nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Wolters Kluwer, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by Wolters Kluwer in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the Prize.
8. DRAWING: The winners of each category will be chosen at random within 10 days of the 1st of the month in January of 2018 for this giveaway
9. NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Wolters Kluwer will attempt to notify the potential winner by e-mail within ten (10) business days of the drawing. If a winner of a Prize cannot be located or does not respond within ten (10) business days of contact from Wolters Kluwer, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be drawn from the pool of remaining valid entries. Wolters Kluwer will not notify winners through Facebook, such as through Facebook messages, chat, or posts on profiles or Pages. Wolters Kluwer and its affiliates or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner.
10. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: If the potential winner declines the prize, does not respond to the prize notification, fails to claim the prize, is unavailable for prize fulfillment, fails to abide by the Official Rules, or is ineligible, Wolters Kluwer may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries received during the applicable Contest Term. Winners will be asked, but not required, to submit a personal photo of themselves for use by Wolters Kluwer in any announcements regarding the prize winners. By submitting a photograph, prize winners agree to allow Wolters Kluwer to use their image, name, location and professional role on the Lippincott New Nurse Survival Kit website, email announcement, social media announcements.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Wolters Kluwer reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Wolters Kluwer in its sole discretion. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/sweepstakes subscription, notification, entry or like sites or services that offer sweepstakes entry services "on behalf of" entrant) is strictly prohibited. In such event, Wolters Kluwer reserve the right to award the Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Wolters Kluwer reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any false information provided by any entrant concerning his/her identify or mailing address or any non-compliance by an entrant with these Official Rules may result in the immediate disqualification of the entrant from this Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WOLTERS KLUWER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Wolters Kluwer failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the giveaway will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the email address that was submitted to know.lww.com/lippincott-new-nurse-survival-kit.html. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Wolters Kluwer and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties"), from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printer errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the contests; (c) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any website, network, hardware or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contests or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property including, but not limited to, death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in party, from the entrant's participation in the contest or receipt of any prize. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING IN THESE RULES AND IN THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES AWARDED, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. 14. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court; (b) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages, including attorney's fees.